AMCUK championship show 2021
Judge: Ms Jo Sugden (Campfire)
BEST IN SHOW: Ms SL ELLIS Ch Chayo Cause Celebre
RESERVE BEST IN SHOW: Mrs K JELFS Lapema Malizioso
BEST OPPOSITE SEX: Mrs JE & Miss J SMITH Ch Snowshoes Aurora Borealis JW ShCM
BEST PUPPY IN SHOW: Ms SL ELLIS Chayo Distinctive
RESERVE BEST PUPPY IN SHOW: Mr J HORSMAN & Mrs J HORSMAN-PHOENIX Nordicwinds Grtest Showman
BEST VETERAN IN SHOW: Mr I PULLIN & Miss K MOUNSTEPHENS Ch Inupiat’s Qulit Henrik at Whitewalker (Imp NOR)
BEST JUNIOR IN SHOW: Ms T & Mr E FORSEY Muzoku You’re My Obsession
Dog CC: Ms SL ELLIS Ch Chayo Cause Celebre
Reserve Dog CC: Mrs K JELFS Lapema Malizioso
Bitch CC: Mrs JE & Miss J SMITH Ch Snowshoes Aurora Borealis JW ShCM
Reserve Bitch CC: Ms SL ELLIS Chayo Vasilisa
Best Puppy Dog: Mr J HORSMAN & Mrs J HORSMAN-PHOENIX Nordicwinds Grtest Showman
Best Puppy Bitch: Ms SL ELLIS Chayo Distinctive
Best Veteran Dog: Mr I PULLIN & Miss K MOUNSTEPHENS Ch Inupiat’s Qulit Henrik at Whitewalker (Imp NOR)
Best Veteran Bitch: Mrs JE & Miss J SMITH Ch Snowshoes Aurora Borealis JW ShCM
Best Junior Dog: Mrs EL MATTHEWS Skidooshooz Master Blaster (ai)
Best Junior Bitch: Ms T & Mr E FORSEY Muzoku You’re My Obsession
Minor Puppy Dog (Entries: 0) Abs: 0
Puppy Dog (Entries: 2) Abs: 0
1st: Mr J HORSMAN & Mrs J HORSMAN-PHOENIX Nordicwinds Grtest Showman
2nd Miss J PRESCOTT Dreamwolves Time Of My Life
Junior Dog (Entries: 3) Abs: 1
1st: Mrs EL MATTHEWS Skidooshooz Master Blaster (ai)
2nd: Mr AL & Mrs S MOGG Skidooshooz Dock Of The Bay
Yearling Dog (Entries: 1) Abs: 0
1st: Mr D & Mrs E WALKER Lueldar Ready To Rumble (ai)
Post Graduate Dog (Entries: 1) Abs: 0
1st: Mrs J WHYMAN & Mr J MURRAY Tailfly Heart Of Gold
Mid Limit Dog (Entries: 1) Abs: 0
1st: Mrs L HOLT Freezefactor Tis The Season at Breconfrost
Limit Dog (Entries: 3) Abs: 2
1st: Mrs KL JELFS Lapema Malizioso
Open Dog (Entries: 4) Abs: 1
1st: Ms SL ELLIS Ch Chayo Cause Celebre
2nd: Mr D & Mrs E WALKER Ir Ch Lueldar Too Legit To Quit Ir Jun Ch
3rd: Snow Legend Believe In You Cedarcreek JW (Imp RUS)
Veteran Dog (Entries: 5) Abs: 0
1st: Mr I PULLIN & Miss K MOUNSTEPHENS Ch Inupiat’s Qulit Henrik at Whitewalker (Imp NOR)
2nd: Ms G CAMERON Icewolf I’ll Be Back
3rd: Mrs S & Miss L PERFITT Samjoe Hollow Moon
Res: Miss RJ BROWN O’Kinastar Fire Me Up ShCM
VHC: Mrs AE ANDERSON Tokosha Beyond The Limits to Cherubini (ai)
Special Veteran Dog – 10 years+ (Entries: 0) Abs: 0
Minor Puppy Bitch (Entries: 2) Abs: 0
1st: Mrs K JELFS Lapema Bella Dannata
2nd: Ms T & Mr E FORSEY Muzoku Veil of Voodoo
Puppy Bitch (Entries: 3) Abs: 0
1st: Ms SL ELLIS Chayo Distinctive
2nd: Mrs K JELFS Lapema Bella Dannata
3rd: Ms T & Mr E FORSEY Muzoku Veil of Voodoo
Junior Bitch (Entries: 1) Abs: 0
1st: Ms T & Mr E FORSEY Muzoku You’re My Obsession
Yearling Bitch (Entries: 2) Abs: 1
1st: Miss K MOUNTSTEPHENS & Mr I PULLIN Snowshoes Made With Love to Whitewalker
Post Graduate Bitch (Entries: 8) Abs: 4
1st: Miss J SAYE Makalu Mountain Quest
2nd: Mrs M BUTLER Paha Sapa Mals Blahnik via Kaytoo (Imp ITA)
3rd: Mrs S PARKER Chayo Brightest Star at Daranesh
Res: Miss J PRESCOTT Lueldar Beautiful Holly (ai) IKC
Mid Limit Bitch (Entries:3) Abs: 0
1st: Mrs J YORK Chayo Starstuck with Snowstruck
2nd: Mr RJ BROWN Cupun’s Masterpiece
3rd: Mrs S & Miss L PERFITT Samjoe The Dream Lives On (ai)
Limit Bitch (Entries: 4) Abs: 2
1st: Ms G CAMERON Sutarka Sala Delle Asse
2nd: MS T & Mr E FORSEY Muzoku Maleficent Me
Open Bitch: (Entries: 8) Abs: 3
1st: Ms SL ELLIS Chayo Vasilisa
2nd: Mr I PULLIN & Miss K MOUNSTEPHENS You Are The One Of Kiyara’s Wolf Pak (Imp DEU)
3rd: Mrs JE & Miss J SMITH Snowshoes The White Witch
Res: Miss RJ BROWN Skidooshooz Bohemian Soul of Cupun (ai)
Veteran Bitch (Entries: 5) Abs: 0
1st: Mrs JE & Miss J SMITH Ch Snowshoes Aurora Borealis JW ShCM
2nd: Mr D & Mrs E WALKER Ir/CIB Ch Lueldar Dixie Chick (ai) Ir Jr Ch CW15
3rd: Miss J SAYE Packice Mora
Res: Mrs D Jarvis & Miss S TROISI Nordicwinds All Attitude
VHC: Mrs M BUTLER Kaytoo Antarctic Anko
Special Veteran Bitch – 10 years+ (Entries: 1) Abs: 0
1st: Misses K & C DRUCE Koromandel On Strange Tides (ai)
SPECIAL RESCUE STAKES
Judge: Mr Huw Morris (Cwnhapus)
Best Rescue Stakes: Mrs JE & Miss J SMITH Snowshoes The White Witch
Reserve Best Rescue Stakes: Ms T & Mr E FORSEY Muzoku You’re My Obsession
Special Rescue Stakes Junior Dog Or Bitch (Entries: 4) Abs: 0
1st: Ms T & Mr E FORSEY Muzoku You’re My Obsession
2nd: Ms SL ELLIS Chayo Distinctive
3rd: Mrs K JELFS Lapema Bella Dannata
Res: Mr J HORSMAN & Mrs J HORSMAN-PHOENIX Nordicwinds Grtest Showman
Special Rescue Stakes Open Dog (Entries: 5) Abs: 0
1st: Mrs K JELFS Lapema Malizioso
2nd: Mr I PULLIN & Miss K MOUNSTEPHENS Ch Inupiat’s Qulit Henrik at Whitewalker (Imp NOR)
3rd: Mrs L HOLT Freezefactor Tis The Season at Breconfrost
Res: Mr P & Mrs M PAGE Snow Legend Believe In You Cedarcreek JW (Imp RUS)
VHC: Mrs AE ANDERSON Tokosha Beyond The Limits to Cherubini (ai)
Special Rescue Stakes Open Bitch (Entries: 7) Abs: 1
1st: Mrs JE & Miss J SMITH Snowshoes The White Witch
2nd: Mrs J YORK Chayo Starstruck with Snowstruck
3rd: Mr I PULLIN & Miss K MOUNSTEPHENS You Are The One Of Kiyara’s Wolf Pak (Imp DEU)
Res: Mrs S & Miss L PERFITT Samjoe The Dream Lives On (ai)
VHC: Misses K & C DRUCE Koromandel On Strange Tides (ai)
I would like to extend my thanks for the invite to judge the prestigious 2021 club ch show , I’m aware that some may have been disappointed that Nancy Russell was unable to judge due to travel restrictions but my gratitude is extended to all those who entered under me. No show is easy to organise and I would like to say thank you for your warm welcome and hospitality and not forgetting Anne and Tony Nevinson who took the time to play host to me prior to the show.
It’s been a few years since I have judged so it was good to see what state the breed is currently in. Overall I was pleased with the dogs present although the numerically small younger classes have given me some cause for concern for the future of the breed and where this will lead it. There was a mixed bag of type and as we were indoors nothing could be hidden, noticeably feet, with some exhibits having very small feet which would certainly impact on function in harsher climates. Temperaments in general were sound, two murmurs but no cause for real concern, bites were better than they have been but there were still some level and undershot bites present, again breeders beware.
I was extremely happy with both my challenge line ups and there were dogs that pushed hard for top honours, as ever not enough cards to give out but every dog has its day and I’m sure they will.
Finally , exhibitors, please pay attention to what your judge is asking you to do in the ring, it is your time to shine make the most of it!
Minor Puppy Dog (0)
Puppy Dog (2)
1) Horsman and Horsman-Phoenix’s Nordicwinds Grtest Showman. Very stylish puppy with nice proportions, thick harsh coat, appealing head piece with dark eye, well set ear placement, good length of neck with unexaggerated topline. Straight front with neat feet. Very excitable on the day moved well when settled. Happy to see him go RBPIS
2) Prescott’s Dreamwolves Time of my Life. Lots to like about this youngster, well off for bone, lovely strong head with good depth of muzzle, broad skull and well set ears. In great jacket and condition for one so young. Nicely balanced front and rear assembly. Just enjoyed his day a bit too much which lost him a top placing.
Junior Dog (3,1a)
1) Matthew’s Skidooshooz Master Blaster (AI). Super youngster with attractive head, short strong muzzle, moderate stop, dark eye , small well furred ears and broad skull. Made a lovely proportioned shape with arch of neck leading into sloping topline. Tail nicely set on. Ample bone, neat feet and short patterns, straight front, tidy rear assembly. Moved with plenty of drive.
2)Mogg’s Skidooshooz Dock of the Bay (AI). Litter brother to 1, slightly longer body and leg length but still has a nice outline. Attractive head with dark oblique eyes. Thick well furred ears. Thick harsh jacket. Good front with nice shoulder placement, Well ribbed and not top long in loin. Just didn’t have the drive of 1.
Yearling Dog (1)
1. Walker’s Lueldar Ready to Rumble. Appealing head with deep muzzle and length to compliment. Well set furred thick ears. Good straight front with short patterns and tight feet. Neck moderately arched leading into gently sloping topline, shoulder placement good, Rear assembly neat with let down hocks. Moved with plenty of drive .
Post Graduate (1)
1.Whyman and Murray Tailfly Heart of Gold. Strong attractive head with short strong muzzle, broad skull, moderate stop. Good front with ample chest, tight feet, short strong patterns. Rear assembly not over exaggerated, in great coat. Nicely balanced, moved out with great purpose, clearly enjoying his day, if anything I would like a bit more of him overall.
Mid Limit Dog(1)
1. Holt’s Freezefactor Ti’s the season at Breconfrost. Substantial typey male, has all the characteristics of a dog that can fulfil its function. Tidy headpiece with small well furred ears well off for bone, very harsh thick coat, front and rear assembly is well constructed. Would like a slightly looser tail and when he decided not to pace he had a really easy effortless gait .
Limit Dog (3,2a)
1. Jelfs Lapema Malizioso. Dog of super type, well off for bone, powerful build with great balance and proportion. Attractive head with gentle expression, dark eye, broad skull with moderate stop, deep muzzle. Strong neck with slightly sloping topline, ample rib, coat harsh and thick. Big compact feet, straight front, rear moderately angled. Great side gait with plenty of reach and rear drive. Very pleased to award him RCC and RBIS.
Open Dog (4,1a)
1.Ellis’s Ch Chayo Cause Celebre. I last judged this dog as a junior and he has matured into a super example of the breed having all the qualities I look for in a malamute. He excels in breed type throughout, masculine head yet with soft expression, muzzle strong and deep, correct bite, ample stop , dark eyes, small well furred thick ears, good depth of skull, well off for bone, great strong feet, front straight with nice lay of shoulder, plenty of depth in chest with great spring of rib. Well proportioned throughout, topline as it should be with correct tailset. Rear quarters well muscled , on the go moved so easily, with great turn of stifle and well let down hocks, footfall totally on point.
Coat thick, harsh and beautifully presented. No questions about awarding him DCC and BIS.
2. Walker’s Ir Ch Lueldar Too Legit to Quit Jun Ch. An awful lot to like about this male, strong front and deep chest, pleasing head with everything in moderation, well arched neck with forequarters well set on nice angulated shoulders, firm topline , slightly shorter in body and leg than 1 but still did not detract from his qualities . In hard condition, well off for bone and on the move he went with great reach and drive.
3. Page’s Snow Legend Believe in You Cedrcreek JW (Rus imp). Not quite the substance of 1 and 2 and not as settled. Has a pleasing outline with good balance, Head broad skull with ample stop and strong muzzle. Neat ears and dark eye. Good length of neck, arched and leading to sloping topline. Well ribbed , coat thick and standing off body. Lovely side gait , on the fore and back just didn’t have the rear movement I wanted to see.
Veteran Dog (5)
Always a pleasure to judge the Veteran class and all of these dogs were a credit to owners.
1. Pullin and Mountstephens Ch Inupiats Qulit Henrik at Whitewalker (imp Nor). Well proportioned male with pleasing outline Substantial bone, strong straight front with tight feet , good lay of shoulder, deep chest and well sprung ribs, good length of loin, great tailset and carriage , rear assembly powerful with good angles. Masculine head with appealing expression, a very happy chap who moved with plenty of purpose and is in very athletic condition
2. Cameron’s Icewolf I’ll Be Back. Lovely dog with attractive head, neat small well set well furred ears, short wedge shape muzzle, broad skull, arched neck and topline held well, in good thick coat, straight front, good width of chest, has a lovely side gait which really showed off his reach and drive .
3. Perfitt’s Samjoe Hollow Moon
Smaller more compact male, very well presented, has nice thick coat, pleasing head, neat front with short pasterns, tight feet, hocks short, had plenty to say for himself and clearly enjoying his day.
Minor Puppy Bitch (2)
1. Jelf’s Lapema Bella Dannata. Very pretty bitch with a very happy disposition. Feminine head with dark eye, good muzzle length, small ears set on broadening skull. Made a well balanced shape with sufficient bone . Stood straight front on and rear moderately angled. Lovely tail carriage on the good round.
2. Forsey’s Muzoku Veil of Voodoo. Slightly rangier than 1 but nevertheless still an impressive youngster, in good thick jacket, dark oblique eye, good bite, muzzle and stop not overdone, neat front and compact feet , chest developing, pleasing outline. She moved well when settled and not testing her handler.
2. Puppy Bitch (3)
1. Ellis’s Chayo Distinctive. My surprise find of the day. So much to like about her, in super coat and well presented, attractive headpiece with correct bite, dark oblique eye, good ear placement with skull developing. Balanced throughout , plenty of bone and knuckle, pasterns strong and short, with compact feet. Perceptive sloping topline sufficient length in body and well ribbed, tailset on point. Moved truly and soundly for such a youngster. Pleased to award her BPIS
2nd and 3rd as Minor Puppy
Junior Bitch (1)
1. Forsey’s Muzoku You’re My Obsession. Standalone girl who certainly stood out. Oozed quality, super balanced outline, feminine head, arched neck with good length, thick harsh covering, tight feet with straight front and broad chest. Nice tailset, on the go round she went with great composure enabling her to show off her front and rear assembly.
Yearling Bitch (2,1a)
1. Pullin and Mountstephens Snowshoes Made with Love to Whitewalker. Coming back into coat so not a lot to hide. In good hard condition well off for bone and super tone. Feminine attractive head would like smaller ears. Adequate lay back of shoulder , front straight with width between, sufficient length in body with neat tail set. Rear quarters well angulated.
Post Graduate Bitch (8,4a)
1. Saye’s Makalu Mountain Quest. Good substance but not overdone , pleasing head with attractive features , moderate stop, broad muzzle, neck flowed well into topline with lovely tailset carried beautifully on the go round. Compact feet, strong pasterns , deep ribs plenty of room for expansion. Well set rear quarters. Flowed easily on the move.
2. Butler’s Paha Sapa Mals Blahnik via Kaytoo (imp ITA). Slightly smaller in build but lots to like. Sweet head with dark eye, coming back into thick coat, sufficient bone, neck cleanly set on shoulders going into slightly sloping topline. Moved well on the go with correct tail carriage and set.
3) Parker’s Chayos Brightest Star at Daranash. Took a little while to settle but when she did she had a pleasing outline with everything in moderation. Appealing head with soft expression, neck reachy enough with adequate lay of shoulder, held topline will on the move, maturing nicely.
Mid Limit Bitch (3)
My first two were super quality with lots to offer, both so well presented, my class winner edged it on tail placement but I’m sure these two will have a lovely time competing and swapping places with each other
1. York’s Chayo Starstruck with Snowstruck. Stylish substantial bitch, well proportioned and with nice balance front and rear. Super attractive feminine head, neck well set on good lay of shoulder, straight strong front with deep brisket. Beautiful thick stand off coat. Strong rear with let down hocks, lovely tail carriage, well off for bone and moved effortlessly.
2. Brown’s Cupun’s Masterpiece. Another impressive example of the breed, appealing head, dark eye, broad muzzle, well moulded skull, slightly more compact than 1 and would prefer a looser tail to compliment her qualities. Neat tight feet, short pasterns chest sufficient width and depth. Well set rear quarters, coat thick, tidy mover .
3) Perfitt’s Samjoe the Dream Lives On. Full on today giving her handler a bit of a challenge. Nice proportions and balance. Pretty head, well placed ears and eyes, neck ample length and arch blending into gentle sloping topline, body length and loin not too long. Front straight with neat compact feet Nice to watch on the go round.
Limit Bitch (4,2a)
1)Cameron’s Sutarka Sala Delle Asse. Well balanced girl very pleasing head with soft expression and clean dark eye. Front construction straight and strong with good width of forechest, ribs well sprung and topline firm, well off for length. Coat plush and in great condition, rear angles moderate with short let down hocks. Great action on the move , well muscled enabling her to have great rear drive.
2) Forsey’s Muzoku Maleficent Me. Substantial bitch with good bone , clean straight front, head is feminine with strong muzzle and jaw, set on moderately arched neck of ample length. Body nicely proportioned, coming back into jacket but correct texture showing through. Tail nicely set on croup, hindquarters powerful, very clean lines on the move.
Open Bitch (8,4a)
Quality class best one of the day , making it both the most pleasing and difficult to judge. I felt my winner had the edge on substance and type something which breeders need to remind themselves about , nevertheless it was a very close call and placings behind 1 could and will change.
1) Ellis’s Chayo Vasilisa. Outstanding girl. Powerfully built and well put together, in super condition. Head strong but maintaining femininity, lovely dark oblique eye, strong broad skull with placed ears, nice arch and reach of neck sitting on well placed shoulders giving developed chest and straight front. Compact feet, body deep and well off for length. Rear quarters well toned giving her the drive and power to do the job she was bred for. Pleased to award her RBCC
2. Pullin and Mountstephens You are the one of Kiyaras Wolf Pak (Imp Deu). Super bitch of smaller size but still stood out for her qualities, makes a nice shape although a tad longer in body it does not detract from what she had to offer. Good clean lines, head feminine and carried on strong neck, ample fore and rear quarters, well off for muscle and in good jacket, had a beautiful side gait , so easy to watch and excelled on reach and drive.
3) Smiths Snowshoes The White Witch. Another stunner, in super condition and so well balanced, very pretty head no harshness, topline gently sloping in back with tail well set, stood foot perfect with neat feet, short pasterns and straight front. Good length of rear leg with moderate angles and hocks well let down. Moved with purpose but not quite the reach and drive of 1 and 2 .
Veteran Bitch (5)
Judging the verterans is such a pleasure and an honour and these girls did not disappoint. Owners be proud of each and everyone of them they were all in super condition displaying lots of qualities .
1) Smith’s Ch Snowshoes Aurora Borealis JW ShCM. Beautiful type, so pleasing on the eye, head is pretty yet well defined and set on strong neck leading into a topline held strongly, tail set not only correct but one of the few waving plumes on the day. Excels in body shape well off for rib and width of chest, shoulders well placed giving straight front with lovely short pasterns and tight feet. Well toned and moved cleanly with great footfall and energy.
Very pleased to award her the BCC and BOS
2) Walker’s IR CH/CB Lueldar Dixie Chick(A.I) JR CH CW15 ANCH15 WPD. Another quality bitch of great substance and type. Attractive head, strong muzzle, moderate stop, well furred ears, good angulation fore and aft, powerfully built, well off for rib, chest deep, topline dipping slightly, coat thick, harsh and in super condition. Gait true on the down and back, a pleasure to watch.
3) Saye’s Packice Mora. In good hard condition, head had soft expression with ample stop, eyes oblique and well placed with ears set on broad skull.
Strong neck and body, moderate neck length, deep brisket and well place front and rear legs. Tight neat feet, short pasterns and good length of let down hock. Happy girl on the go round, nice clean lines holding topline well.
Special Veteran Bitch (1)
Druce’s Koromandel on Strange Tides (A.I). Lovely to hear the applause from the sideline as she went round and so well deserved.
In super coat and condition, well off for bone yet maintaining feminine features, appealing head with good length of neck set on well placed shoulders giving her a straight front and deep chest. Ribs well sprung , body not too short or compact, croup well set to give correct tail placement, on the move displayed her fitness.
I owe very much to Joan Sheehan and the Club Committee for inviting me to judge at this prestigious show and showing compassion concerning my health this year. The show was extremely well run and had a lovely relaxed atmosphere to it. My Stewards on the day, Julia & Leslie Strudwick, were very efficient and most friendly and helpful in their approach.
Special Rescue Stakes Junior Dog or Bitch (4,0)
1st: Forsey’s MUZOKU YOU’RE MY OBSESSION – This 16-month-old Sable bitch was very responsive in the ring. Her skull was of good size and shape. Her neck was strong and moderately arched. This led on to a powerful body for a bitch, with shoulders that sloped quite moderately and lay above a deep chest and well-boned legs, ending in large feet. The good bone continued throughout and her overall proportions were very pleasing. I loved the way she moved with power and noted a convincing approach towards single-tracking at pace. A lovely exhibit. RESERVE BEST RESCUE STAKES
2nd: Ellis’ CHAYO DISTINCTIVE – A delightful 9-month-old sable bitch having her first experience in the show ring. Her age belied her development. She displayed good confidence for one so young, allowing me to go over her with ease. She was both well-constructed and well furred, convincing me that she could survive in the Arctic. She had correct, almond shaped eyes and scissor bite. Her chest was well developed for her age, with a slightly sloping top-line above. Her broad rear legs stood vertically. She moved with ease. She is one to watch for the future.
3rd: Jelfs’ LAPEMA BELLA DANNATA – This 7-month-old sable bitch was another youngster who behaved well in the ring. Her temperament was exceptional. She had pleasing heavy bone and was sufficiently powerful for a bitch. She had large jaws and large teeth. Her excellent frame included a strong chest and well-muscled loins. I was drawn to her tail, which was a convincing, well-supported plume. Good movement. Another young bitch with good prospects for the future.
Special Rescue Stakes Open Dog (5,0)
1st: Jelfs’ LAPEMA MALIZIOSO – This attractive, 21-month-old, affectionate Sable dog was well-boned throughout and had an average body length, with well-muscled and densely boned legs of sufficient length. Its skull was broad and its eyes were almond in shape and obliquely set. Its strong neck was of moderate length. Its hind legs were particularly powerful and propelled it with ease. Its feet were large and compact, giving the impression of being a ‘workhorse’ who could perform well in deep snow. Its overall proportions were very satisfying, making it a very impressive class winner.
2nd: Pullin & Mountstephens’ CH INUPIATS QULIT HENRIK AT WHITEWALKER (IMP NOR) – This 8-year-old Grey & White dog impressed immediately in the ring and was full of promise. It had an excellent broad head, with a large muzzle and large teeth, giving a correct scissor bite. The eyes were dark and obliquely set. The shoulders were moderately sloping. Its top-line retained the required gentle slope when the dog was suitably poised. The loins were of medium length and were well-muscled. The stifles were moderately bent. The dog stood on pleasingly large ‘snow feet’. Its gait was very impressive to watch. Had it retained a strong top-line all of the time, it would have challenged more convincingly for the first place.
3rd: Holt’s FREEZEFACTOR TIS THE SEASON AT BRECONFROST – This 7 ½ year-old Sable dog was friendly in nature and its coat and condition gave the overall impression that it could certainly survive in Arctic conditions. His dark brown eyes were obliquely set and his small ears sat wide on his head. His strong neck led on to a gently sloping top-line. The chest was sufficiently developed and the rear quarters were strong and propelled the dog well on the move. His overall frame was well balanced and mature in development.
Special Rescue Stakes Open Bitch (7,1)
1st: Smith’s SNOWSHOES THE WHITE WITCH – This 4-year-old Wolf Grey & White bitch was presented in excellent condition on the day. She was heavily boned for a bitch, but retained a great deal of femininity in appearance. Her skull was broad and in proportion to her body. Her dark eyes were almond in shape and obliquely set. Her body was strong and powerful, with a deep chest and well-muscled loins. Her tail was well-set and also well supported, giving that arched plume shape over her hips. She moved effortlessly, displaying power and grace, thanks to her exhibitor taking her at an even pace around the ring. She was shown to perfection and she was well worthy of her 1st place. BEST RESCUE STAKES
2nd: York’s CHAYO STARSTRUCK WITH SNOWSTRUCK – This 20-month-old Grey & White bitch acquitted herself well in the ring at her first show. This affectionate little girl was well constructed in general, being tall and proportional in outline. In general, her bone was suitably heavy and her musculature was well-toned. She was well developed for her age. Her head was in proportion to her body and her chest was particularly deep. Her legs ended in large, compact snow feet. This young bitch has a sound future ahead of her. This was another bitch who was shown to perfection.
3rd: Pullin & Mountstephens’ YOU ARE THE ONE OF KIYARA’S WOLF PAK (IMP DEU) – This 5-year-old Grey & White bitch competed impressively in the ring. She was of average frame and sound, heavy bone. She had a mature head, with correct obliquely set eyes and widely set ears. Her strong neck was moderately arched and led on to a very good top-line. In general, her build was strong and powerful. All legs were well-muscled, with the rear legs being vertical and appeared to be powerful. Hence, she moved particularly well around the ring. She featured particularly well in a closely fought class, having been presented well by her handler.